Hours: 37 hours per week , 52 weeks per year
Contract type: Permanent
Starting salary range: Scale G, (£19,446 – £21,074)
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 4th June 2019, midday
Interviews: W/c Monday 10th June 2019
Stimpson Avenue Academy is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated Site Supervisor.
The role will include key-holding duties, maintenance of the school buildings and site, health and safety checks, cleaning checks etc. The post holder will also need to be confident to liaise with contractors whilst on site, ensuring Health and Safety is adhered to at all times.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the school is prepared at the end of the day, ready for school the following morning. In addition, there will be a small number of cleaning duties. An element of out of hours work might be required from time to time for events taking place beyond the normal school day.
Previous experience of a Site Supervisor role and knowledge of maintenance would be desirable. Applicants are asked to give information about their previous experience.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- A knowledge and understanding of specific premises issues e.g. security systems, heating systems
- Ability to competently and safely carry out a range of everyday DIY jobs
- Ability to safely use basic power tools and other equipment to make minor repairs and improvements
- An understanding of different cleaning methods
- Ability to deal with emergencies and unexpected events in a calm, safe and systematic manner
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a reasonable standard
- Ability to devise a suitable record-keeping system for monitoring expenditure and stock levels
- Understanding to take further training, where necessary, and apply it to current position
In line with safeguarding requirements, the successful candidate will need to undergo DBS clearance. Stimpson Avenue Academy is part of the EMAT Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, reference and other checks.
If you would like to visit our school, please telephone to arrange a convenient date and time.
To apply, download and complete the application form below and return it to: