Key Stage 2 Class Teachers
Closing date: Tuesday 14th May, 5pm
Interview date Monday 20th May
Start date: September 2019
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Are you looking to develop your leadership and teaching potential in a positive and vibrant school environment?
Stimpson Avenue Academy, part of East Midlands Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint enthusiastic, innovative and motivated KS2 class teachers with experience of leading a core subject across the primary phase.
Stimpson Avenue Academy is a large, vibrant, multicultural primary school located in Northampton town centre.
The Academy has 420 amazing children on role. In addition, the Academy has a 78 place Nursery.
The Academy is culturally diverse, multi-lingual and inclusive; we are proud of our diversity and committed to maintaining our inclusive ethos.
Our vision is to nurture and support children to become the best they can be, confident individuals, responsible citizens and independent learners. We are committed to promoting excellence in academic, artistic and sporting achievement. The Academy is driving school improvement through a curriculum designed to interest and inspire children and make them life-long learners. We are proud to be a nurturing school, recognising and supporting the individual to achieve.
As the sponsor, East Midlands Academy Trust's vision is for schools and academies with outstanding leadership driven with flair and passion, excellent innovative teaching, children and students who are leaders in learning, and environments that promote the drive for ambition and progress to enable:
- children as leaders in learning;
- parents as partners in learning;
- partnering other schools;
- children flourishing in all aspects of their individual development.
East Midlands Academy Trust strongly believes in developmental opportunities for all staff; through comprehensive training, resources and guidance we aim to provide excellent CPD for all. Working as a group combines and enhances our strengths and allows extensive opportunity for cross school links, sharing best practice and maximising our resources.
Through The Hub at Castle Academy, we have access to the high level, intensive practical training programmes for staff within our academies. The range of programmes that are available include Outstanding Teacher Programme, Developing Middle Leadership Programme and the Power of Coaching.
Whatever your role, working in East Midlands Academy Trust schools is an enjoyable experience and an opportunity to express and develop a genuine passion for teaching in a collaborative and rewarding atmosphere.
We require teachers who:
- Have a genuine love of working with children and a passion to make a difference.
- Are exceptional and creative classroom practitioners with a track record of good and outstanding practice.
- Have experience as a middle leader or an aspiration for middle leadership.
- Have KS2 experience and an understanding of the primary journey.
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate and support our pupils.
- Are committed to the highest standards of learning, teaching, planning with knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- Have a determined and positive outlook on life with an exceptionally positive vision for primary education in the 21st Century.
- Have an excellent understanding of how to effectively support children and close the gap to ensure equal and outstanding outcomes for all pupils.
- Are able to plan, make and use assessment effectively to ensure positive outcomes for all groups of children.
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative and be a team-player with the ability to work collaboratively as a part of a highly productive team.
- Have a sense of humour and a 'can do' attitude.
- Have the professionalism and determination to make a positive impact on our school, driving improvement.
As a Lead in a core subject, you will need to have the ability to:
- Lead whole school strategic vision and development of a core subject alongside the Assistant Principal responsible for Curriculum.
- Lead staff training, coaching and mentoring.
- Write and evaluate core subject action plans and report to the Local Advisory Board and other external agencies as required.
- Manage resources for the subject curriculum.
- Lead assessment of the subject for the whole school community alongside SLT.
In return, we will offer you:
- Opportunities for professional development within a rapidly developing school.
- A positive ethos and truly amazing children.
- Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement.
- The opportunity to make a difference.
- Excellent professional development opportunities including support from outstanding and innovative schools.
- Well-behaved pupils who display excellent attitudes towards learning.
- A forward thinking, committed and skilled leadership team to lead and support you.
- A warm, collegiate and supportive environment in which to develop your career.
- Dedicated release time to develop your core subject.
- A supportive, forward thinking Local Advisory Board.
Tours of the school will be available:
Wednesday 8th May at 4pm
Friday 10th May at 10am
If neither of these dates are convenient, please contact the school office to discuss an alternative time to visit.
Please click on the links below for the job description and the application form. You can return your application form and all relevant documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Key Stage 2 Class Teacher and Curriculum Lead||25th Apr 2019||Download|
|EMAT teaching Employment Application Form new version Jan 2019||25th Apr 2019||Download|
|Job description Key Stage 2 Class teacher||25th Apr 2019||Download|
|Job description Key Stage 2 Class teacher with UPR||25th Apr 2019||Download|