What is the Sports Premium?
At Stimpson Avenue Academy we use this government grant to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, whilst encouraging the development of healthy, active lifestyles. Our use of the grant aims to develop and add to the PE, physical activity and sport we offer, whilst building the capacity within the academy to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the academy in future years.
There are five key outcomes indicators we will secure improvements against:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the academy as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Further details about the Sports Premium are detailed in the Sports Premium Strategy, published here on the Stimpson Avenue Academy website. If you would like a paper copy of this Strategy document, please contact the main office and they will provide one for you.
Our ethos and vision for physical education
At Stimpson Avenue Academy, we provide a high-quality physical education curriculum that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. We provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Furthermore, we provide opportunities to compete in sport and other activities in order to build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respec
Every Child a Well-Balanced, Responsible Individual
The 'new' Ofsted Framework (2019) currently in consultation stages, argues that learning results in an alteration in the long term memory. With this in mind we seek to develop every pupil into a well-balanced responsible individual:
We aim to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities;
- are physically active for sustained periods of time;
- engage in competitive sports and activities;
- lead healthy, active lives.
Intent, Implementation, Impact