Hours: 37 hours per week, 8am – 4pm, 40 weeks per year (term time plus 1 week training days, plus 1 week holiday cover)
Salary: £19,171 - £19,554 pro-rata (actual pay: £16,813 - £17,149)
Closing date: Wednesday 16th October 2019
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 21st October 2019
We are seeking to recruit an Administrator with experience to join a committed team in supplying administrative services to support the delivery of teaching and learning within a busy school.
You will be a member of a small team to ensure that administrative work is completed efficiently and in a timely manner. Additionally, you will be dealing on a face to face basis with visitors to the school, including representatives from outside agencies, parents, pupils at the school, and visits from our academy personnel from East Midland Academy Trust.
You will need to have the confidence to work within this remit within our office on a daily basis. We are looking for someone with strong administration skills and experience. If you have worked within an educational establishment in a similar role, this will be an advantage.
Applicants are asked to give information about their previous experience and how they can contribute to the EMAT ethos.
The overall purpose of this job family is to provide a clerical, administrative, financial, secretarial, management and executive service for the academy to ensure that internal and external services are maintained and delivered to the required levels.
In brief, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reception – Meet and Greet and first response telephone calls
- Providing clerical and reprographics support to a producing and distribution of academy letters
- Managing lists of pupils attending clubs and be the point of contact for parents for club information and pupil attendance at clubs
- Post/Diary – manage the opening and distribution of the daily post; manage the school diary ensuring that conflicts and impact on the academy’s day to day operation are shared with relevant staff; produce and distribute the weekly staff diary in time for the Monday morning briefing
- Reprographics – as required to meet reprographics requests from teaching staff and other service users
- Liaising with the Senior Administrator, support the management and implementation of ParentPay and the communication of ParentPay requirements to parents and carers
You will need to have:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deal professionally with children, parents and staff
- Ability to promote positive role models
- Ability to complete tasks and work efficiently
- Able to use own initiative
- Appropriate level of data protection, security and confidentiality awareness
- Smart appearance and attired in smart office dress in line with our Academy dress code
In line with safeguarding requirements, the successful candidate will need to undergo DBS clearance.
Stimpson Avenue Academy is a large, vibrant, multicultural primary school located in Northampton town centre with 442 children on role. The Academy is culturally diverse, multi-lingual and inclusive. We are proud of our diversity and committed to maintaining our inclusive ethos. Our vision is to nurture and support children to become the best they can be, confident individuals, responsible citizens and independent learners.
Stimpson Avenue Academy is part of the East Midlands Academy Trust and we have the support of a Trust built by experienced and driven educationalists. We are a multicultural town school who can offer a supportive and dynamic team. EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, reference and other checks.
If you would like to visit our school, please telephone to arrange a convenient date and time.
Recruitment packs including our application form are available to download below and should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
|EMAT non teaching Employment Application Form new version Jan 2019||09th Oct 2019||Download|